Chemistry Class Xth
Ch-1 Chemical Reaction and Equations
These questions are provided by Vaishnavi jha (A scince student in delhi university)
Multiple Choice Questions
- Which of the following does not involve in a chemical reaction?(a)Digestion of food in our body. (b)Process of respiration.(c)Burning of candle wax when heated.(d)Melting of candle wax when heated.
- What happens when dilute Hydrochloric acid is added to iron fillings?(a)Hydrogen gas and iron chloride are produced.(b)Chlorine gas and iron hydroxide are produced.(c)No reaction takes place.(d)Iron salt and water are produced.
- Which of the following reaction is an endothermic reaction?(a)Burning of coal.(b)Decomposition of vegetable matter into compost.(c)Process of respiration.(d)Decomposition of calcium carbonate to form quick lime and carbon dioxide.
- A dilute ferrous sulphate solution was gradually added to the beaker containing acidified permanganate solution. The light purple colour of the solution fades and finally disappears. Which of the following is the correct explanation of the observation?(a)KMnO4 is an oxidizing agent, it oxidizes FeSo4.(b)FeSO4 acts as an oxidizing agent and oxidizes KMnO4.(c)The colour disappears due to dilution; no reaction is involved.(d)Kmo4 is an unstable compound and decompose in presence of FeSO4 to a colourless compound.
- The chemical reaction between quick lime and water is characterised by:(a)Evolution of hydrogen gas.(b)Formation of slaked lime precipitate.(c)Change in temperature of mixture.(d)Change in colour of the product.
- One of the following is an exothermic reaction, this is: (a)Electrolysis of water.(b)Conversion of limestone into quicklime.(c)Process of respiration.(d)Process if photosynthesis.
- The chemical equations are balanced to satisfy one of the following laws in a chemical reactions. This law is known as:(a)Law of conservation of momentum.(b)Law of conservation of mass.(c)Law of conservation of motion.(d)Law of conservation of magnetism.
- The removal of oxygen from a substance is called:(a)Oxidation.(b)Corrosion(c)Reduction(d)Rancidity.
- The chemical reaction involved in the corrosion of iron metal is that of :(a)Oxidation as well as displacement.(b)Reduction as well as combination.(c)Oxidation as well as combination.(d)Reduction as well as displacement.
- In order to prevent the spoilage of potato chips, they are packed in plastic bags in an atmosphere of :(a)Cl2(b)N2 (c)H2(d)O2
- Which if the following can be decomposed by the decomposition of light?(a)Nacl (b) Kcl (c)Agcl (d)Cucl
- A white precipitate can be obtained by adding dilute sulphuric acid to:(a)CuSO4 solution(b)NaCl solution(c)BaCl2 solution(d)Na2SO4 solution
- The term used to indicate the development of unpleasant smell and taste in fat and oil containing foods due to aerial oxidation is :(a)Acidity(b)Radioactivity(c)Rabidity(d)Rancidity
- When ferrous sulphate is heated strongly it undergoes decomposition to form ferric oxide as a main product accompanied by a change in colour form:(a)Blue to green(b)Green to blue(c)Green to brown(d)Green to yellow
- When carbon dioxide is passed through lime water.(a)Calcium hydroxide is formed(b)White precipitate of CaO is formed(c)Lime water turns milky(d)Colour of lime water disappears
2 marks question
- Why magnesium ribbon is cleaned before burning in air?
- Write two characteristics of chemical reaction?
- What is a balanced chemical reaction .why a chemical reaction should be balanced?
- Why is respiration considered as an exothermic process?
- What is a rusting of iron? Write an example.
- What is a redox reaction?
- Define combination reaction with an example?
3 Marks questions
- 1. In a container, solid calcium oxide was taken and water was added slowly to it.
- 2. State the two observations made in the experiment.
- 3. Write the name and the chemical formula of the product formed.
- 4. Why are decomposition reaction called the opposite of combination reactions?
- 5. Write one equation each for decomposition reactions where energy is supplied in the form of heat, light or electricity.
- 6. A shiny brown coloured element X on heating in air becomes black in colour. Name the element X and the black coloured compound formed.
5 marks questions
- 1. Consider the chemical equation given below and answer the questions that follow: ZnO + C = Zn + CO . (a) Name the substance which is getting oxidized. (b)Name the substance which is getting reduced. (c)Name the oxidising agent. (d)Name the reducing agent. (e)What type of reaction does this equation represents.
To get the important questions of Acids bases and salts ( Chapter-2 ) Click here –
Do you know the harmful effect of online classes ? Watch the video given below-