Important questions of oscillations and waves
This assignment contains all important questions of oscillations and waves , it will help the students preparing for the final class examination and prepare entire chapters in short time .
- What do you mean by SHM ? Find expression for its displacement, velocity and acceleration , also write their phase difference .
- What is meant by symmetric & Doppler effect?
- How does the frequency of a tuning fork change, when the temperature is increase?
- Tube a has both ends open, whole tube B has one end closed otherwise the two tubes are identical. what is the ratio of fundamental frequency of the tubes A and B?
- When we start an empty bucket with water, the pitch of the sound produced foes on changing. Why?
- A sine wave is travelling in a medium. What is the minimum distance between two particles always have same speed?
- Two waves of the same frequency and amplitude superpose to produce a resultant disturbance of the same frequency. What is the phase difference between the waves?
- A spring balance has a scale that reads from 0 to 50 kg. the length of the scale is 20cm. a body suspended from this spring, when displaced and released, oscillates with a period of 0.60 s. what is the weight of the body?
- A spring of mass 2.50 kg is under a tension of 200 N. the length of the stretched string is 20.0 m. if a transverse jerk is struck at one end of the string, how long does the disturbance take to reach the other end.
- A policeman on duty detects a drop of 15in the pitch of the horn of a motor car as it crosses him, if the velocity of sound is 330m/s, calculate the speed of the car.
- The third overtone of a closed organ pipe is found to be in unison with the first overtone of an open pipe. Find the ratio of the length of the pipes. TO download OSCILLATIONS and WAVE important questions click here-.